How to Decorate Your Fireplace Mantel This Fall
November poses a difficult problem for homeowners who love to decorate: it’s too late for Halloween and too early for the winter holidays. Fortunately, there are tons of ways you can decorate your fireplace mantel this fall that are easy, beautiful and won’t break the bank! Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
1) Pinecone centerpiece: The great thing about fall decorating is that you don’t always need to drive the store to find your decorations. Some are right in your backyard! Gather some pinecones of various sizes and put them in a vase or a decorative bin. This makes a wonderful centerpiece for your fireplace mantel that is sure to get you in that autumn mood! If you’re looking for even more pinecone-inspired ideas, Vanessa Beaty gives us 25 creative pinecone crafts for fall and winter.
2) Faux-found leaves: Many people love that natural decor look, but unlike pinecones, leaves can bring in unwanted insects into your home and can become annoying to clean as they dry up. So, why not get inspired by them and create a charming decorative piece with twigs and paper leaves? Karianne from Thistlewood Farms has a great example of how a few sticks and paper leaves can transform your fireplace mantel in a matter of minutes. Plus, it’s a great activity to do with your kids on a rainy day!
3) Hanging chalkboard: One idea that always stands out is buying a small, framed chalkboard with your favorite quote or fall phrase to hang just above your mantel. Worried about your handwriting? Not a problem. Kellie from Nest of Posies has a few autumn-themed chalkboard printables that will make a great addition to your mantel!
4) Brighten up your day with candles: When it comes to your fireplace mantel decorations, candles are an absolute must. If you’re concerned about accidental fires, don’t be… these candles are just for show anyway. But with so many different styles to choose from, your biggest problem will be not going overboard! For example, you have this birch bark candle holder that is as beautiful as it is easy to make. Target also has some wonderful, cost-friendly candleholders that will go perfectly with your fall-themed decorations.
5) Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins: Some things in life are cliché for a reason and pumpkins in your fall decorations are no exception. But rather than the larger pumpkins you used for your jack-o-lanterns just days prior, mini-pumpkins are definitely a better choice for your mantel this fall. And if you find them too boring to just sit there their own, you’re not alone. That’s why Sara Diekelmann put together a list of 18 ways to decorate with mini-pumpkins! Spoiler alert: the “circle of gords” would look great over any fireplace mantel!
Maybe it’s your outdated mantel that’s keeping your home from looking its best this autumn. At Chimney & Masonry Outfitters, we know a mantel is the signature piece for any fireplace. So whether you’re redecorating or simply trying to add an updated look, a mantel can transform your fireplace.
Contact CMO today for a mantel installation assessment. Our fireplace Outfitters will arrive on time and discuss your needs. We gather your vision and then ask questions to ensure the mantel is how you have envisioned it. Then, bring on the decorating!